National Minimum Wage (as applicable by age)
The Waiter will be part of the Farmer, Butcher, Chef team and will report to the Restaurant Manager.
At Goodwood, we celebrate our 300 year history as a quintessentially English Estate, in modern and authentic ways delivering extraordinary and engaging experiences. Our setting, 12,000 acres of West Sussex countryside and our story both play significant roles in Goodwood’s success. What really sets us apart is our people. It is their passion, enthusiasm and belief in the many things we do that makes us the unique, luxury brand we are.
It takes a certain sort of person to flourish in such a fast-paced, multi-dimensional environment like Goodwood. We look for talented, self-motivated and enthusiastic individuals who will be able to share our passion for being the “home of exceptional experiences.”
Purpose of the role
To become a star in our show, taking centre stage in leading our customers through a unique and exciting food journey.
To ensure every customer has a personal, friendly and efficient service on every visit.
- To ensure all guests are greeted and served in a prompt and personal way
- To ensure every guest has a fantastically positive service experience
- To ensure that you have a good product knowledge of all items on the menu.
- To support with keeping all areas of the Restaurant tidy.
- To be fully conversant with the Weights & Measure Act 1963 and any recent updates.
- To be aware of and responsible for any Health & Safety and Food Safety issues, reporting them accordingly
- To carry out any other reasonable requests made by the Restaurant Manager and Assistant Restaurant Manager
- To contribute ideas which will enhance the guest experience
- To take responsibility for your own personal development of skills and knowledge
- To work from time to time in other areas of the restaurant, carrying out any other reasonable duties as required;
Qualities you will possess
- Passion for what you do
- Positive and friendly with a “can do attitude”
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise and organise
- Take responsibility for yourself
- Confident to make decisions and to stand by them
- Good negotiation and influencing skills
- Excellent communicator
- A sense of fun!
What do you need to be successful?
- Ideally have previous experience in a similar role in service driven restaurant environment.
- Passion for inspiring and creating amazing customer experiences
- Thrive on a challenge and be keen to make a real difference
- Be a team player and be prepared to get stuck in as required