Front of House Staff (Bar, Restaurant & Events)
£7 to £9 per hour depending on experience
- 15 to 20 hours per week - possibly more at peak time
Experienced Front of House Staff for Bar, Restaurant and Events Service
We are looking for experienced staff to join our busy Front of House team, at Chichester Yacht Club, which is based in the stunning setting of Chichester harbour.
You will be meeting and greeting, taking orders, serving and clearing tables, pouring and serving drinks, some food prep will be required (full training given), serving ice creams/coffee from our takeaway window and more. We also operate a busy private events service, that requires setting up, running and turning around for the next event. This is a busy and varied role within a focused and friendly team.
Chichester Yacht Club is a Members' Club, opened all year round. Its busy restaurant and bar serve a wide range of food, wines and real ale to our sailing members, families and guests.
In addition to the role advertised we are looking for a bank of staff who would be employed on a casual basis, the hours would not be regular but may suit someone in full time education or alongside as a second job.
Our ideal candidates will have 2 years' experience working in a busy restaurant environment and demonstrate the following attributes:
- Reliability and flexibility
- The ability to work evenings, weekends and bank holidays
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent organisation skills
- Experience of using tills although training will be be given
- The ability to work independently and under one's own initiative
- High standard of presentation
- Strong work ethic
- Cellar Management experience would also be desirable but not essential
- Previous experience of Weddings & Events service desirable but training will be given
In addition to the wages, other benefits include:
- Beautiful environment overlooking Chichester Harbour
- Possibility to take part in the water facilities when off-duty
- reduced rate on training
- Staff meal scheme
Chichester Yacht Club is a Covid 19 secure business, fully compliant with government guidelines. In line with these guidelines, wearing a face covering (face mask) is essential and will be provided by the Club along with full Covid 19 induction.
If you would like to be considered for this position, please apply by clicking the How to apply button on this webpage or send your CV with a covering letter to Tom Dewey, Hospitality Manager, Chichester Yacht Club, Chichester Marina, Birdham Road, Chichester, PO20 7EJ
Applicants must have documented proof of right to work in UK. Pay will be dependent on experience. In view of our out of town location, own mode of transport is essential.