£30000 - £40000 per annum + Benefits
Are you an enthusiastic and driven individual with pre-contracts experience, ideally from within the commercial design and build sector.
The Pre-Contracts Manager is essentially the client facing side of the company and involves managing the interior fit out projects from initial client meeting through the pre-contract stage projects ranging from c. min £100k to £1m+ .
This role includes working with design development, estimating, building surveys, technical evaluation, assembling documentation for tenders and contract agreement up to the point of hand over.
What will you be doing?
- Co-ordination of design and sub-contractor pricing
- Advising on known and perceived risk factors to the project
- Preparation of detailed cost plans / budget guidance for client presentation and review
- Liaising with the technical team and consultants to provide continuous value engineering of design concepts and proposals
- Establishing subcontract sources early in the programme so that they can contribute to the design in terms of value engineering.
- Ensuring procurement of all subcontract elements of the development are completed in accordance with the company requirements, health and safety, and sustainability objectives
- Liaising with suppliers to enable them to prepare detailed schedules of directly purchased materials
- Comply with company environmental policy and relevant environmental legislation
What skills do you need?
- Minimum 2 years' experience in a quantity surveying / estimating / pre-contracts role ideally within a D&B company
- A good working knowledge of services installations, both electrical and mechanical
- A strong awareness of the balance of risk and profit is essential.
- Experienced negotiator
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experienced user of Microsoft Office in particular Excel, Outlook and a planning software package such as Microsoft Project
- Experience of reading and accurately interpreting drawings and technical specifications
- Experience of controlling costs, timing and quality in line with targets.
- Good standard of mathematical ability
What's on offer
- £30,000 - £40,000 DOE
- Hours 8-5 Mon – Thurs, finish 4pm Friday
- 20 days holiday
- Company mobile and laptop
- Social evenings
- On-site parking